My mom visited my grandmother yesterday and told me that she didn’t want to eat anything and she hasn’t eaten in about two days. So I called grandma and she kept hanging up the phone on mebecause she didn’t recognize my voice. So I decided to do a little more research on the disease and found out that Alzheimer’s disease was found by Dr. Alois Alzheimer. He found out about it when he had noticed changes in the brain of a woman who died in 1906. Dr. Alzheimer lived in Germany and died of a heart failure in 1915. I found this information on https://www.alz.org/research/science/major_milestones_in_alzheimers.asp.
But The number of people with Alzheimer’s is increasing rapidly. Today there are about 3 million people with the disease, and by 2050 there’s projected to 16 million people with it. I found this information on https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/alzheimers/basics.
The picture is of Dr. Alois Alzhiemer.
No comments:
Post a Comment