It has been two years since grandma's been diagnosed. I did some research on what I could do to help her, and I came across some charaties. Charities across the country are trying to find a treatment for Alzheimer’s. Then the people who have it have a hope of living a normal life. One of the biggest charities is the Alzheimer’s association who has touched millions of Americans since being established in 1980. 79 percent of of the expenses go to research. Another 15 percent of the money goes to fundraising. Not only do they get money from charities, but also walks that they have in over 600 cities. In 2015, the Walk to end Alzheimer’s raised over 75 million dollars for the patients. There are also many centers for Alzheimer’s that help them improve their quality of life. Such as the Alzheimer’s Family Services Center. The doctor advised us that we should put her in this center to help her mentally get through some tough times. The Image attached is the logo to the Alzheimer's association.
No comments:
Post a Comment